Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Peter King is the worst sports writer out there

There, I said it. He's worse than Stewart Mandel. I know, I know, but bear with me.

Every week on CNNSI.com he puts up a 5 page load of crap about the NFL weekend that was, and the Monday night game that will be.* Half of it usually follows the new ESPN/ABC model of shameless self-crosspromotion (is that a word?) where he pimps his appearances on NBC, HBO and the like.

We get it, you are on TV a lot. So is Dubya, doesn't mean I like what he has to say either.

Half of his articles have to do with his daughter's college bake sale, or what person did something stupid on the road while he was on the way to Starbucks. I get it, you drink a lot of coffee and apparently don't get a corporate card to pay for it, thus you have to plug the chain of coffee kiosks that have taken over America...as if we had no idea they existed without you telling us about a triple grande hazel WHATEVER that you chugged down on your way home to watch some show you Tivo'd and are imploring us all to watch.

Peter King is easily the Brent Musberger of journalism.

HAHA that is so FUNNY that you made a PUN! "TROUBLE'S BREWING" HAHA! NO NO, I GET IT, I DO, YOU LOVE COFFEE! AND T.O. IS CAUSING A STIR IN THE LOCKER ROOM.

I'm so damn witty that I might just take his job!

He goes on the list**.


* Great job picking the Ravens 20-16, I'm pretty sure PK just looked up the scoring averages of both teams and put it out there on the interwebs. (actual score Denver 13, Baltimore 3)

** Musberger will always be number one on my list***.

*** The "list" refers to the people that I will settle up with should I ever get diagnosed with a terminal illness.

No comments: